Glasscock Co. GAGenWeb
Located in eastern Georgia about 35 miles southwest of Augusta, Glascock County is the 3rd smallest county in the state. With it's small area of 144 square miles and population of only 2,300, it is tied with Webster County as the state's second smallest polulated county. It was formed in 1857 following the introduction of a bill into the State Government by Wiley W. Kitchens, a representative and resident of the southern part of the county. A small part of Jefferson County was added to Glascock County in 1860
Glascock County was named after Brigadier General Thomas Glascock, a member of Congress, lawyer, and an officer in the State Militia. His father, William Glascock, was speaker of the House of Assebly during the Revolutionary War.
|Miscellaneous||Wills 1||Wills 2||Resources|
|GAGenWeb||GAGenWeb Counties||USGenWeb||Glascock Archive|